Video killed the radio star. And then ads killed everything else.
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2016)
- On mobile alone in an average week, YouTube reaches more 18+ year-olds during prime time TV hours than any cable TV network. (Google, 2016)
- Two-thirds of YouTube users watch YouTube on a second screen while watching TV at home. (Google, 2016)
- YouTube is more commonly used by larger businesses. For example, 71% of businesses with 100+ employees use YouTube, compared to 38% of the self-employed. (Social Media Examiner, 2015)
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet. (YouTube, 2016) In an average month, 8 out of 10 18- to 49-year-olds watch YouTube. (Google, 2016)
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across devices. (Google, 2016)
- The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled year over year. (Google, 2016)