If Twitter is dying, should you still be tweeting? Yes!
- 23% of adult internet users use Twitter. (Pew Research Center, 2015)
- 3 in 10 online urban residents use Twitter, compared with 21% of suburbanites and 15% of those living in rural areas. (Pew Research Center, 2015)
- 30% of online adults under 50 use Twitter, compared with 11% of online adults ages 50 and older. (Pew Research Center, 2015)
- Twitter accounts for 16% of referrals to longer articles from social sites and 14% for shorter news articles. (Pew Research Center, 2016)
- Twitter has nearly 4X as many users internationally as in the U.S. (Pew Research Center, 2016)
- In the past two years, content consumption on Twitter has increased 25%. Twitter has 313 million monthly active users. (HubSpot, 2016)